Studio practice projecting image - fabric printing

  Further developments projecting written words onto fabric - I printed images of the St Mary's church in Ilkeston- All Saints church- Morley church - images of the monuments that I has visited onto muslin - again the fabric that I had been using for my rubbings 

Experimenting with hanging and pinning the material - and projecting more written words onto it, seeing how the light effects the image as it passes through the semi transparent material. I want to capture a fleeting sense of time and wear decay - weathered rags of hidden information lost to time

     

            

                               

Expanded on this idea - still printing on cream muslin- photo copying old images of Ilkeston that id sourced from old postcards and books I'd sourced from Ilkeston library  - rather than projecting the words I printed them-  I layered a piece of sizoflor ( image on the right) - it's web like surface soaked up ink - leaving this frazzled crackled texture on the surface of the end prints. When I shone the projector light onto the prints at certain angles the black printer ink would change colour- sometimes appearing slightly blue.

Each rectangle section of muslin was stapled together - with smaller images cut and layered trying to cover the joining seams - but with the nature of using an A4 printer I'm limited to the size I can print - so the hanging had to be made up in sections.


              

                         

                         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Studio practice final

Final bit